Classic Rock: Has Steven Quit?

Discuss and debate opinions on classic rock music

Monday 9 November 2009

Has Steven Quit?

According to Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles, Joe Perry seems to think that Steven Tyler has left Aerosmith, reports planetrock.com.
After rumours emerged last week that Aerosmith were due to have an emergency meeting to discuss their future, Joe Perry has revealed that he thinks Steven Tyler has actually quit the band.
In an interview with the Las Vegas Sun, guitarist Perry revealed that he didn’t know much more than we do, but said:
“Steven quit as far as I can tell. I don’t know any more than you do about it. I got off the plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don’t know for how long, indefinitely or whatever. Other than that, I don’t know.”
“As far as replacing Steve, it’s not just about that, it’s also four guys that play extremely well together, and I’m not going to see that go to waste. I really don’t know what path it’s going to take at this point, but we’ll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we’ll be able to move the Aerosmith up a notch, move the vibe up a notch.”
Part of the problem, it seems, is that Perry can’t contact Tyler.
“He’s notorious for that,” Perry said. “That’s one thing I’ve learned to live with. I try to overlook it. I like to pick my battles. Frankly, the last few months I’ve been wanting not to rock the boat. I don’t want him cancelling any more gigs. We really wanted to do these last four. We just kind of didn’t want to call him out or anything and get him anymore pissed off, for whatever reason. So we just let things lie. So we did the gigs and, like I said, I got off the plane and saw this online. That’s how I know about it.”

No comments: