Classic Rock: Gilmour Dedicates Award To Wright

Discuss and debate opinions on classic rock music

Wednesday 8 October 2008

Gilmour Dedicates Award To Wright

David Gilmour picked up the Q Award for Outstanding Contribution on Monday night and dedicated the trophy to late bandmate Richard Wright who died recently.
Accepting the award, Gilmour said “I’m going to dedicate this to my old friend and colleague Richard Wright who died a couple of weeks ago with whom I’ve worked for 40 odd years.
"There’s all sorts of music I won’t be able to play without him which is a source of great sadness for me," Gilmour said. "One of the last things he wanted to do was play a big outdoor festival such as Glastonbury which we were unable to do.
"Anyway, as I say he deserves this just as much as I do. You could say that he worked in the position of second fiddle to the pushier chaps at the front, but his work was vitally important to our entire career."
Gilmour also made a toast to his bandmate, who received a standing ovation from the audience.

No comments: